Meet Mrs. McNally

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I’m Mrs. McNally and I teach multiple courses at Beaver Local High School. 2019-2020 marks my fifth year at Beaver Local, but I was an English teacher for the past six years at John Marshall High School in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia. My husband and I relocated to my hometown in Columbiana County, and I am so happy to be a member of the Beaver Local community.

Within the classroom, I specialize in teaching English using technology while preparing students to be life long learners. I love combining literature with writing in fun and innovative ways that make my students forget they are even learning. I blog through my triumphs and failures in the classroom, and I expect my students to blog too.

Outside of the classroom, I stay busy with my twin sons, my husband, and our boxers Bane and Claire. I’m an Apple product junkie, so I am pumped to have students with iPads. I am always in the middle of reading a book. I love everything from educational nonfiction to historical romances. My DVR is filled with “Real Housewives” and anything else that my husband would consider “junk.” In school, I do my best to look professional and I’m always rocking a classic cardigan, but outside of school you will probably see me in a t-shirt with jeans or sporting my Pittsburgh Penguins gear. We are huge hockey fans in the McNally household and go to as many Pens games as possible!

I am so excited to get started in the 2019-2020 school year at Beaver Local High School. If you have questions, comments cares, or concerns, please check out the “Contact Me” page of my blog and I will get back to you!

Go, Beavers!